Personal Information Protection Policy
Denji Corporation makes efforts below based on the belief that the proper protection of personal information is a corporate social responsibility.
- Denji Corporation shall only process personal information provided by its customers within scope to achieve the following purposes and legal basis:
(1) When we have obtained customers’ prior unambiguous consent
(2) To execute contracts with customers
(3) To comply with its legal or regulatory obligations
(4) To protect its legitimate interests
Its legitimate interests referred to above include:
To develop and provide better products and services
To provide information to customers about the products and services handled by Denji Corporation.
- Denji Corporation does not disclose or provide personal information about customers to third parties except in any of the following cases:
when the customer gives prior consent,
when designated to do so by laws or ordinances,
when the provision of personal information is necessary to protect life, physical injury, or the assets of a person, and when when consent from the customer is difficult to acquire, and
when prescribed to do so such as in a notification or directive from a government agency.
- Denji Corporation will continually improve its personal information management system, including this policy, through employee education, the appointment of information management supervisors as well as the execution of audits, while complying with the Personal Information Protection Act and other relevant laws and regulations. Denji Corporation has developed and disclosed “Denji International’s Worldwide Code of Business Conduct” to ensure all employees of the Denji Group adhere to this Code. Therein, Denji Corporation has clarified the proper handling of information and rules all employees must follow in an effort to enhance compliance.
- Denji Corporation stores personal information for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of obtaining personal information. However, if the laws require differently, such a period will be set in accordance with the laws.
- Denji Corporation will implement appropriate safety measures, as it strives to build a management system and implement reasonable technological and other initiatives to protect the personal information of customers from illegal access, revision, destruction, leaks, loss or any other misconduct.
- Denji Corporation responds, in compliance with the laws and regulations, to customers’ requests to confirm or revise his or her personal information or withdraw consent or from others. Please make any requests to the contact below.
[Processing personal information of European Union (EU) residents]
Personal data of EU residents may be transferred to countries not recognized by the EU Commission as a country having an adequate level of protection; however, in such a case, Denji Corporation and companies to which personal information is transferred appropriately handle such personal data of EU residents in accordance with the appropriate safeguards set forth by the EU Commission. (e.g., upon conclusion of Standard Contractual Clauses, and sufficient safety control measures).
Furthermore, data subjects residing in the EU can lodge complaints to the supervisory authority with regard to the processing of personal data by Denji Corporation.
Our Customers (Joint Use of Personal Information)
Denji Corporation obtains personal information necessary to engage in sales, service, and rental of construction and mining equipment as well as industrial machines, and said personal information is jointly used by Denji Corporation, and Denji Group, and other companies, as indicated below to promote smooth operations.
Denji Corporation is going to put in place reasonable safety management measures among companies to properly protect the personal information that is jointly used.
- Personal information to be used jointly
･Personal information to be used jointly includes the customer name, address, telephone number, product purchase history, service history such as inspections and repairs, renting/leasing history, and operation history of machines.
- Companies that jointly use personal information
･Denji Corporation, and outsourcing and tie-up companies that engage in operations such as sales, service, and rental.
- Purposes for joint use of personal information
･To execute contracts with customers
･To develop and provide better products and services/
･To smoothly execute sales, service, and rental operations of products handled by Denji Corporation, and
･To provide information to customers about the products and services handled by Denji Corporation.